Au-delà des étoiles
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

Breath

AuteurMessage
Carys
Admin
Carys

Féminin

Breath Empty
MessageSujet: Breath   Breath EmptyDim 15 Aoû - 21:24

Pour les lectrices (y'a des lecteurs au fait ?) que cela intéresse, voici l'adaptation de ma fanfiction Respire à fond, en Anglais. J'attends encore la Bêta d'une amie australienne, mais j'avoue que je m'impatiente. Du coup je vous la livre en avant-première.
J'espère que ce sera compréhensible au plus grand nombre, sinon aidez-vous de la version française.
Oneshot - Shweir
____

Breath

At Elizabeth’s

Carson only just left Elizabeth’s apartment. The latter got up from her sofa and decided it was time to tidy up a bit the mess that her flat had become over the last few weeks. To say the truth, mess was a euphemism. Indeed, Elizabeth let herself go since the expedition had to return from Atlantis. She wouldn’t bother answer the phone, or call anyone, and would only eat takeaway food. So, tidying was, until then, an option.
Yet, Carson’s visit had rapidly made them both feel awkward. Especially for Carson, actually, who had never seen Atlantis former leader in such a very poor state… If he were to compare her to the city, he would have said she had lost all her splendor. Once the soul of the city, now just the soul of a depressed woman, wearing sportswear and bed socks… What had happened to her favorite red T-shirts by the way? Carson made her realize she was slowly falling into despair. But how could she not? How could anyone expect her to feel alright after all what had happened? She just couldn’t live on and forget.
But it wasn’t a reason to let herself go like this. Thus, she started cleaning.

At the SGC

In the meantime, Carson had returned to the SGC. He was thoughtful. Elizabeth needed someone to help her, someone other than him, but who? Just at that moment, he heard someone talking in the corridor next to his lab, and recognizing the voice, he grinned: he just had found the lucky one.
“OK, Rodney, I understand, you are scared, that’s just it. I knew you were ever since the beginning… “
John Sheppard Grinned. Apparently, reverse psychology still worked on Mckay.
“Now, that’s a good boy! See? I told y… Rodney…Rodney… Rod… MEREDITH?! Can you let me talk just a few seconds?”
Then he saw Carson and added:
“You know what? We’ll talk about it tonight. Yeah, Seeya.” And he hang up the phone.
“Good afternoon, colonel!”
“Hey Doc, I thought we’d only meet you tonight, with Rodney.”
“Right, but I had to come back here, to sort things out a bit, and I just happen to visit Elizabeth…”
As he stopped speaking for a few seconds, John asked:
“Well, how is she doing? I haven’t seen her for… huh… for nearl-“
“For quite too long… Yes. Actually, I’m very concerned about her. Elizabeth has been acting strange. I fear she’s going depressive.”
“My, maybe should I pay her a visit too?”
“Actually, son, I was thinking about that. If there’s someone who can help her, it’s none other than you. You were close friends on Atlantis. I invited her to eat with us tonight, you’ll see her there.”
“No, I should go now, before she makes anything stupid, you never know what could happen. Plus, I have the day off. See you tonight”
And they separated.

At Elizabeth’s again.

The good doctor Weir was sitting in a large armchair. She was a bit exhausted. Who knew cleaning, showering and eating well could make one tired? That reflection would have to wait anyway since someone was ringing her doorbell.
“Who’s that again”, muttered Elizabeth.
On the other side of the door, the visitor was playing with the spyhole, approaching one eye, then his nose, and finally placing his finger on the hole to hide the view. Silly, thought Elizabeth. And she opened the door.
“Surprise!” laughed John.
“John, I see you haven’t lost the sense of humor.”
“So it seems, how you doing? it’s been a long long while…”
As he said that, he looked surprised himself for Elizabeth didn’t seem at all depressed or anything.
“Carson’s been talking to you, am I right?”
She allowed him to enter and then closed the door.
“Indeed” replied John, sounding like Teal’c. But Elizabeth didn’t catch the allusion. “Actually, he’s worrying about you; he said you weren’t at your best. Obviously he missed something.”
“No, he didn’t miss anything. But his visit made me realize I’d been doing things the wrong way, so I… I thought I could shake myself a bit.” She smiled poorly. “I’m glad to see you. I’ve been missing you…all.” And she headed for the window, probably not to have to look him in the eyes.
John noticed something on the coffee table beside her. It seemed to be some sort of typescript. He read aloud:
“Doctor Elizabeth Weir’s Memoirs on Atlantis Expedition”
Then he looked at her. She was staring at her feet, blushing a little. That’s new, he thought.
“You’ve been missing Atlantis too apparently”, he stated.
She shook her head slightly then looked away to the suddenly interesting window.
“I just thought I…” She stopped, placing her hand on her mouth to seemingly stop it from shaking. Then, her voice trembling a bit and a tear slowly falling down her cheek, she continued:
“I can’t let go. I just can’t.”
John couldn’t stand it. He approached her. Elizabeth dared look at him, sobbing. And in less than a second, she felt his arms around her, comforting her.
“I should have come to you long ago. I’m so sorry, Elizabeth. You, more than anyone else, needed support.”
John tightened his embrace. They stayed there for what seemed to be hours. Then, as Elizabeth slowly caught her breath from crying, she planted a soft kiss on John’s neck and withdrew from the embrace. Their eyes locked.
“Thank you, John,” She whispered.
The colonel yet couldn’t think rationally. His only thoughts were turned on the kiss. Without breaking eye contact, he slowly raised his hand to caress Elizabeth’s cheek, and ever so slowly, he closed the gap between them. Fatally, their lips met.
The kiss that ensued was mostly for comfort, but it lead to some more needy kisses. After a while, the colonel broke the kisses and looked at her. As she arched an eyebrow, he grinned.
“There you are”, he murmured, sounding like he finally recognized her true self.
He placed a few more pecks on her lips and embraced her again.
“You found me”, Elizabeth replied softly, relieved.

____
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://audeladesetoiles.forumsactifs.com

Breath
Page 1 sur 1